Registration Number: 261572
The study of psychology offers the opportunity to learn about the origins and development of human behavior and mental processes and the factors that influence change. Psychology provides a valuable foundation of knowledge important in a wide variety of fields, including human services, business, law, education, communications and health. The program in psychology may also lead to graduate preparation for professional psychology.
The Psychology major consists of 36 semester credits. In addition, learners must complete the general education requirements (36 credits) and additional elective (48 credits) to complete the 120 semester credits required for the Bachelor of Science degree. A minimum 2.0 GPA in the major is required for graduation. At least half of the credit toward a major or minor in psychology must be earned in courses numbered 300 or above.
Our students are eligible to apply for membership in
- American Psychological Association
- The Hong Kong Psychological Society Limited
- American Counselling Association
- National Council of Psychotherapists
- British Psychological Society
- Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association
- International Association of Applied Psychology
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology